Welcome to my blog - a scrapbook of memories, ideas and inspirations.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lost memory

Sweet memory I had
A distant foreign song 
I played it in my head
But when I slept, it slipped along 

I searched for it 
It left no trail or sound
looked and could not trace
Its shadow on the ground

A void inside my head
Will soon be very dead
And yet, I know I'd give my soul
To fill that sad and vacant hole


It is too late to sleep, it is too cold
It is too late to cry, it is too old
It is too soon to rise, it is too dark
And from within a song still burns its mark

Too hard to search again
Don’t want to fall
Don’t want to hope again
If I can’t have it all

Don't want to look or try
But know I will once more
Because by searching
Memory will restore

No comments:

Post a Comment