Welcome to my blog - a scrapbook of memories, ideas and inspirations.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Last.fm vs. Pandora review



I am not sure why I have not used this before, but I am falling in love with last.fm. All of my favorite bands at my fingertips, with no commercial breaks. It's kind of like listening to Pandora, only A LOT better. Here is why:




Last.fm has access to a larger library of music than Pandora, including some very obscure music. (Pandora kept playing the same songs and wasn't coming up with new music I wanted to discover.)

Last.fm does not restrict my listening ability and lets me be picky by skipping as many tracks as I want until I get to something I love. (Pandora only allows skipping 6 tracks per hour.)

Last.fm playlists feature is awesome - it lest me add songs I love to various play lists, to play later. (Pandora only allows bookmarking songs.) This is a huge time saver as I used to go to blip.fm to look for songs I heard on Pandora and added them to my play list.

Last.fm lets me listen to as much music as I want  (Pandora has an hour restriction per month.)

Last.fm player lets me create my own personal radio, based on the music I have liked. I can also listen to neighbor radio, which is based on the music of people with similar musical tastes as mine. I can also listen to loved tracks radio - the music I have tagged as "love this track". 

Last.fm allows and encourages socialization among its members. I can add friends, create friend lists, neighborhoods, and groups. I can compare music with my friends and interact via messages and wall posts. (Pandora kept me isolated without interaction with anyone.) And I like sharing my musical taste with real people (as opposed to getting recommendation from Pandora's computerized service.)

I started off very lazy, by picking some of my favorite bands that led me to new sounds. All in all, I consistently get music I love and continue to discover music I have never heard before.

I highly encourage you to try Last.fm. Use it on your computer or via smart phone. And add me as a friend. My handle is fitvic2.

No comments:

Post a Comment