Welcome to my blog - a scrapbook of memories, ideas and inspirations.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Puttin' on the Ritz

I spent a few days in Florida, taking in the Mediterranean style luxury of the Ritz Carlton at West Palm Beach:  
Feeling rather decadent, I skipped lounging by the pool and headed straight for the beach:
There, the clear as glass water was perfect for walking, jet skiing, surfing, kayaking and plain old swimming, which I proceeded to do for the next two days.
When not soaking up the rays, I had a relaxing lunch at one of the breezy restaurants:


I also liked lounging in the lobby, where candles, crystals, and precious art compliment the modern luxury of opulent proportions. 
Everything at the Ritz is well thought out and designed in a way that assures its guests that there is no such thing as too much decadence.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and everything this 7 acre property had to offer. The hotel was beautiful and I did not feel like leaving the premises. 
I did, however,  draw the line at the newly renovated Eau Spa and their Platinum and Bejeweled Face and Body ritual.  
For some reason, I did not feel like spending an hour an a half wearing a platinum face mask or enduring a platinum chakra cleansing, followed by a 50-minute Ruby and Sapphire Massage. But i really think it was the witch's brew of Ruby or Sapphire-infused elixir that turned me away from this $550.00 spa treatment. Other than that, the Ritz was a very fun place to stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment