Welcome to my blog - a scrapbook of memories, ideas and inspirations.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Only in New York - A trip to heaven from hell and back to hell again




Civilization is a video installation created by Marco Brambilla for the elevators Standard Hotel in NYC.  It is comprised of over 400 video clips, taking the elevator passengers on a trip from hell to heaven as they go up or from heaven to hell as they go down. 


I can watch this video over and over and it becomes more fascinating and disturbing each time I watch it. I can't even imagine what it would be like to ride in the Standard Hotel's elevator. I will try it next time I am in NYC


Pictures of the installation and are posted here. 


Title: Civilization (MEGAPLEX), 2008 By: Marco Brambilla
Client: The Standard Hotel, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment