Welcome to my blog - a scrapbook of memories, ideas and inspirations.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ode to Morrissey



Plodding backwards over memories
Back to the place where I knew you
In the summer town
Filled with laughter and blue


I won’t respond to your note
I won’t stop to say hello
But I'm doing well
Thank you

I’ve forgotten to smile
But I’ve made it this far
I looked hot last night
That’s why you wrote

You can’t get over yourself
Like a cat stuck in a milk jar
I’d write something funny
If it was not so gloomy outside

But nothing excites me today
When you peel back layers of time
Memories erupt but I feel nothing
There is no romance in it

Everything is gray, like Sunday
Everything is silent and grey

Hide away for a day
Take a trip to London
Send me a postcard
Tell me I was “naïve"

Anything to get away from here
From the gray cast spell
From the lead cast sky
From the prongs squeezing my skull

Don’t forget to bomb
The coastal town
Maybe we’ll wear leather
On the Armageddon day

And get angry drunk
Or something wicked
I don’t want to excavate
The gravel of memories

I don’t like the smell of time
Landing on my face
(And on your face...)
I don’t need this cheap trick

I don’t even want tea today
It’s not all that important
It’s not even tragic
It’s just grey

No comments:

Post a Comment