Welcome to my blog - a scrapbook of memories, ideas and inspirations.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A forest dream



Standing at the edge of a forest clearing
The sound of water dropping 
Deafens down a cliff beneath me

Suddenly a familiar voice 
Emerges from above
Urging calmly:

“Don’t be afraid. Let go.”

Unfaltering, I take off in flight
Soaring high towards the sun
Floating freely above the clouds

Not the wind, nor ashes of the past
Nothing can touch me as I float over the abyss
Hovering above the tree tops and the wild river

The earth paints a gay pattern of timeless squander
As I reach for the sun, my heart begins to thaw out 
Until the moon overtakes the sky cooling off the earth

The river calms and my wits return
While Venus watches with a lightning stare 
Bestowing desire on passing loveliness

The moon snakes down the stairs of time
Shedding silver flakes across the Milky Way
To guide my way towards new stars


No comments:

Post a Comment