Welcome to my blog - a scrapbook of memories, ideas and inspirations.

Monday, April 19, 2010

A bicycle dream for Alex

A silly dream poem


Last night I had the weirdest dream
It was like watching an Indie film
I took a bicycle apart with my bare hands
At the time it just happened to make sense

I hung its blue frame on the wall
And parked its wheels outside the hall
I held onto the seat of the cycle
And went to a party looking like a psycho

Slightly annoyed and discombobulated
I could not decide what was more complicated
The seat disintegrating into dust
Or my recent disappointing past

I dreamt that I went comatose
From painful fervor overdose
My heart muscles atrophied
I could no longer feel it beat

And then today I had a weird talk
With a good friend about his dog
His dog got lazy, fat and old
My friend grew tired, bored and cold

He freed the dog to roam the land
But kept the leash inside his hand
The dog came back but could not stay
My friend just shrugged and walked away

Don’t wake me, I don’t want to live
I’m dreaming - you would not believe -
I’m watching people in a coma
Inside a live show at the MOMA

Don’t call me, I plan on dreaming
Don’t wake me, I might start feeling
I like my heart intact and dead
While I watch dreams inside my head

No comments:

Post a Comment