Welcome to my blog - a scrapbook of memories, ideas and inspirations.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fleeting summer

That May, you only sought a lover
That year, I only wished a friend
But when you taught me how to love
Your touch felt like a velvet felt

Your face buried inside my skin
Overwhelmed by smell of raspberries
Love pollinating quickly to take off
Towards the next unopened bud

You slept with frozen smile on your lips
Sting playing on repeat throughout the night
We held on to the fancy of that summer wind
Then I flew north, until my wings turned white

Who knew, you'd always be my ally
Who knew, I’d be your constant fan
A fleeting dream extended years
Into a lifelong summer trance

The history we had invented
The reverie we left behind
By now we might as well be strangers
Yet, we remain good friends through time

No comments:

Post a Comment