Welcome to my blog - a scrapbook of memories, ideas and inspirations.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Californication

I rarely watch TV, but  I watched Californication last night on Netwflix.  


I found it entertaining, but could not help wondering why certain speech segments seemed forced and plot so unnatural. 


 I like shows about egocentric males, but this one did not ring true with me.  Most men, no matter how witty or self involved, do not speak the way Hank Moody does. 


A friend of mine wrote for this show when it first started, so it was fun to see some of the traits of my friend reflect in Moody's early character, down to the black T Shirts paired with dark denim jeans and a leather jacket.  


Nonetheless, this show is overrated.  I may be biased because I am not from [hel]LA, but more likely, I am just more critical jaded than most when it comes to reality.  I tend to side with this negative review by Nathan Rabin.  


All that said, I may still watch it tonight. (I never said I was not a hypocrite.)

No comments:

Post a Comment