Welcome to my blog - a scrapbook of memories, ideas and inspirations.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

To whom, who can understand it

Nurtured in solitude of winter rains
With breath of summer, flowers bloom estranged
And butterfly has fluttered from thy plain
Away from wanton safety of the ranch

I hear in whispers of one mind’s defeat
I watch in silence as the heart betrays
I feel feet moving to the secret beat
I see one scouting crowds for younger prey

I speak of things forgotten by the brain
And memories of lips that lie with ease
Of mocking words that sting thy soul with pain
Of eyes that smiled in the summer breeze

Of open rooftops, midnight swims and laughs
Of hair lockets safely tucked away
Of love that is too strong to ever pass
Of pride too heavy for the mind to slay

Thy mind will lie and waiver and forget
Thy memory will play a trick on thee
Thy heart will beat forever stronger yet
Once time allows thy will to set it free

No comments:

Post a Comment